Endeavor: Treatment for Substance Abuse and Co-Occurring Disorders
Elan Recovery + Wellness is committed our clients’ overall health. We understand the importance of evidence-based treatment that is effective while taking into account each individual’s specific needs.
Led by Master’s level clinicians with a proven work history of successful experience in addiction and mental health treatment, Endeavor is for those struggling with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders. Because there is no single treatment that is appropriate for everyone, we offer multiple behavioral therapy programs and continuously review and modify an individual’s specific treatment plan as needed.
We accept that addiction is a complex disease that affects brain structure and brain function, and, given the disease’s complexity, that it rarely manifests itself in isolation. Addiction often co-occurs with interpersonal problems, physical health issues, cognitive, mental health issues, trauma, spiritual confusion and economic problems. Those who have one or more mental health disorders as defined by DSM-5 can be treated concurrently.
Mental health diagnoses include, but not limited to:
- Depressive Disorders and other Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Trauma and Stressor Related Disorders (e.g., PTSD)
- Personality Disorders (e.g., Borderline, Narcissistic)
Evidence based clinical treatment interventions used:
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
- REBT (Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy)
- ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
- ME/MI (Motivational Enhancement / Motivational Interviewing)
- DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy)
- Shame Resiliency and Vulnerability training
- Medication Assisted Therapies; psychopharmacology for depression, anxiety, insomnia, cravings
This program’s medical expertise includes: Triple Board Certified Medical Director (Board certified in Psychiatry; Addiction Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine).
Through this program, participants will also be offered three specialty tracks to partake in:
- Triumph: For those who have identified trauma in their lives or who need trauma informed care
- Gallant: An age-specific treatment program for young adults
- eXcel: An age-specific treatment program for adults
Recovery coaches – those who have personally experienced and live a life of recovery – are available to each client. They are trained and certified to have the skills needed to walk clients’ through the journey to recovery.
We treat the individual within the context of their family, social life, spirituality, occupation and/or education, and their community.
Endeavor Treatment Principles match National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIH) Principles of Addiction Treatment
E – Evidenced Based Treatment
N – No single treatment is appropriate for everyone
D – Duration of treatment is appropriate to an individual’s needs
E – Effective treatment attends to multiple needs of the individual, not just his or her drug abuse (co-occurring)
A – Addiction is a complex but treatable disease that affects brain function and behavior
V – Variety of Behavioral Therapies are used including
O – Other diseases (medical and mental health) are tested for/assessed and risk reduction counseling and treatment or referral for treatment, if necessary, is provided
R – Review: An individual’s treatment and services plan is assessed continually and modified as necessary to ensure that it meets the client’s needs